Tuesday 27 January 2009

Whorehouse Arizona Treats


Saturday, I went to see the Kings of Leon play at the House of Blues in Chicago for a very special show benefiting pediatric cancer research. Knowing that 1) I would be indulging in copious amounts of vodka tonics 2) Would be spending the night at a hotel 3) Would be wanting some form of junk food around 1am, so I made these GF rice crispy treats.

Although they were extremely magical tasting, they did not bring me any magical powers to get the band to impulsively play Arizona or play me a game of bowling at 10 Pin...


5 cups of RICE CHEX -they are gf, Rice Krispies are not!!!
1 bag of marshmallows (read the label for any hidden gluten jerks)
1/2 stick of butter
2 t vanilla

In a large pot, slowly melt the butter, vanilla, and marshmallows- setting one cup aside for later.

When the mixture is smooth, add the rice Chex, coating all pieces.

Quickly add the last cup of marshmallows to the mix, folding several times, and transfer to a buttered baking dish to set for about 20 minutes.

Now go stand up to a giant, say that you're a fighter... too drunk to remember. Too drunk to... weee ne ne ne neeeee, weee ne ne ne neeeeee, weee ne ne ne ne.

1 comment:

  1. OH NOEZ!

    I have been eating a bowl or two of Rice Chex every day or so and have been getting stabbing pains in my tummy. So, I did a little research and found that other people were reacting to Chex as well; although the box claims they are "gluten free", the company reportedly cannot say with certainty that there they are 100% GF and there has been no cross contamination.

    Soooo, I would use with caution OR maybe use EnviroKids crisp rice cereal...you know, the makers of the cult favorite GORILLA MUNCH! ..or 'Rilla Munch as I call it.

    ReplyDelete