Tuesday 16 December 2008

Meet the Cooks: Zag

I stole this idea from Stumbleweed! Bah!

Well, my whole steez will be from a gluten free stand point. So, what's gluten? Its a protein found in wheat, oats, barley, rye and a few other grains that can't be digested by a good number of people (about 1 in 100). The results of eating gluten can be range from rashes to the poopski's -it greatly depends on the individual. In the 2 years I have been gluten free, I have assembled an army of delicious treats to make.

I have an affinity towards anything spicy, Asian, Spanish, Mexican, generally meatless with a wholefoods focus. I am also obsessed with dairy products and was recently given a ice cream maker for my birthday. As summer approaches I will be busting it out...


From the get, I will say that the Gluten Free Pantry makes AWESOME products. I recently made their "Spice Cake or Gingerbread" mix...doctored it up with additional spices (about tsp more of allspice, 2 dashes of cinnamon, tsp of vanilla) and was floored at how good it was! The texture was similar to Angel Food Cake, only a tad denser. Moist and gluten-free often don't go hand-in-hand..

No comments:

Post a Comment