Tuesday 16 December 2008

Meet the Cooks: Zeem

Hello all, my name is Azeem(nickname: Zeem)

I am currently a 20 year old medical student in london, but have decided to leave the course and go live with my lovely wife, Joy, in Colorado Springs, CO. I will then apply to a university there. I don't really like medicine anymore, so I'm really open to see what I feel most passionate about. Maybe even cooking.

My food tastes vary widely, but I grew up eating my mother's Indian food. My family has 100% Indian blood, but migrated to Africa before their present home in northwest England. My mom stayed at home cooking for my family, and had a large number of old Gujurati recipes passed on from her parents. She has adapted them to a much lighter style of cooking then you would find in most Indian kitchens. Less oil, Less fat, more taste. Her food is the best kind there is: food for the soul. While some dishes are more complex and take more time to make then others, anybody can make them and certainly get tasty results.

I will be posting some of these recipes later on. I need to get a handle on them myself first.

For now I am quite busy, but will be posting the more successful adventures in the kitchen I have with my wife. She first introduced me to the natural, organic, and local concepts in the food world, and I now absolutely love them. We try our best to eat only organic. Some of my favorite times with her are cooking in the kitchen, and it is reflected in the tasty and happy food we make.



To new cooking adventures!
-Zeem

No comments:

Post a Comment